Project manage system

Mirko Lindner mirko at qi-hardware.com
Mon Aug 10 09:27:52 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Rafael Campos <methril at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Mirko Lindner<mirko at qi-hardware.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as I said a while back we are thinking the same. It is time to get some
> > tracking up and running. We are still looking at indefero, which has
> issue
> > tracking on a "per-project" basis. It is a google code clone which uses
> git
> > for version control.
> >
> > How do you see the need for a wiki. Is there any other option for
> knowledge
> > sharing and editing?
> I think that trac, and indefero is more suitable as a "code manager",
> butg tracking, release scheduler,....;but as a project manager i think
> that it fits better the dotproject [1], at least as i understand the
> project management.
> I don't know if you could mix together.

Ah maybe we are talking about different things, I thought along the lines of
software projects and not Qi as a whole.

In general am I not a big fan of most project planning tools as they are
very closed and one needs an extra account to get access. Trac can be
tweaked in many ways to contain most of these functions and is far more
open, but these are just my 2 cents :)

Zhang what did you want to plan in the project tool?

/mirko