[Company] Weekly Operations Update 33/2009

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Mon Aug 17 20:57:18 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,
Mirko Vogt and Lars are busy behind the scenes hacking away at the
NanoNote kernel, and since they already did a great job on the Openmoko
kernel I am excited to see them starting on this one too...
We have hooked up with Ignacio Garcia from www.dingux.com and it looks
like we can join forces and work together (once he's back from his vacation).

There was another meeting with Ingenic, and good news - they gave us more
GPL'ed Linux kernel sources, patches based on 2.6.27 (including revision
history, they gave us their whole SVN tree). It mostly contains Jz4750
fixes but also some nice cleanups, for now uploaded to [1].
They also gave us GPL'ed sources for the missing binary module Mirko Vogt
found out about - mtdblock-jz, but I think this will disappear as part of
our cleanup anyway.

Also, Ingenic published (upon our request) the hardware reference design
for their newer chip, Jz4750. This does not benefit Qi right away, but
maybe a future NanoNote will use the Jz4750, or other projects can benefit
from the reference design [2,3,4].

Mechanical design made some progress (see Yi's mail [5]), and early-access
samples should be available soon...
Keep your fingers crossed, more next week.
Cheers,
Wolfgang

[1] Ingenic 2.6.27 patches: to http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/software/sources
[2] Ingenic Jz4750 EVB: ftp://ftp.ingenic.cn/4hw/Jz4750_Board_Design%20Guide_EN.pdf
[3] Ingenic Jz4750 EVB: ftp://ftp.ingenic.cn/4hw/01_DEV_board/DB4750_APUS/hw/V1.2/db4750_evb_v1.0.pdf
[4] Ingenic Jz4750 EVB: ftp://ftp.ingenic.cn/4hw/02_RDK/RD4750_APUS/hw/v1.2/
[5] Mechanical Update: http://lists.qi-hardware.com/pipermail/developer/2009-August/000255.html