jz4725

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 10:14:01 EDT 2009

Hi Wolfgang

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 3:52 AM, Wolfgang Spraul
<wolfgang at qi-hardware.com>wrote:

> Carlos,
> yes definitely, we should work together and it would be great if
> your project would benefit from our SW and vice versa.
> I'm in China right now and unfortunately Youtube is censored, I'll
> try to watch the video later via US VPN :-)

:)

> I have two links for you:
> Do you know Nelson Castillo? nelsoneci at gmail.com
> He is a really cool Linux kernel hacker living in Bogota, and worked
> for Openmoko before, still supporting it as a volunteer. Maybe you
> can hook up with him.

Yes, I know Nelson, is a very smart guy and he is a very good programmer,
and he help us a lot with our first platform based on ATMEL chip.

> Bearstech in France is looking for an open picture frame for a while,
> and I believe the one you found from Sungale could be very interesting.
> They could distribute this in Europe and beyond I think. If you are
> interested we can help you get an introduction (not sure they read this
> list).

Great

> Is it the ID800WT that has touch-screen and Wi-Fi? I visited Sungale
> in Shenzhen just 2 weeks ago, they said all their models use Marvell
> Wi-Fi, but the one I bought had an Atheros 2425 (aka Zydas 1211) inside.
> Still, even the Zydas chip has a very good Linux upstream driver.
> Do you need any help with Sungale? I could contact them again next time
> I'm in Shenzhen. They are working on a new model that is much thinner,
> which will come out in a few weeks they say (I had a working prototype
> in my hands so it's credible I think).

Yes , the ID800WT has touch screen and Wi.Fi. My PF have a zydas zd1211 usb
wifi dongle. We want to develop a product based on sungale PF. I don't know
if sungale is open to this idea, if you can talk with them is perfect for me
:) My ID800WT arrived just the last week so, i doesn'y have enough time to
play with it :)

If you are working with the ID800WT - how did you get it reflashed?
> I was looking for a way to enable the USB Boot feature that is in the
> Jz4740 CPU but couldn't find documentation about the debug connector
> they have on the board. I'll try to take a picture later...

I'm using a usbtool from
http://vm-kernel.org/blog/2009/02/24/linux-on-onda-vx747/

and i can run my own linux image and u-boot binary. I found a serial port on
the board, and the space for a max232 without the RS232 outputs I'm
attaching a picture, so I have a serial console. Unfortunately the ID800WT
doesn't use the ingenic SD driver, they use a multi card chip attached to
usb port, so we can't use the fatload command. I think that the best way to
re-flash this PF is via mtd tools running on Linux.

I can't upload any file to the SDRAM, because I don't know the SDRAM layout,
if you can talk with sungale guys, can you ask them if is possible get a LCD
configuration?

> Best Regards, thanks for letting us know about your project it's
> great to see there are other people working on similar stuff like
> we do! :-)
> Wolfgang

Thanks to you, your product is awasome, we want  work with this chip and
share the experiences with everyone  :)
Our company is very small and is very hard to us work with the local
companies, becouse they use a very old technology, is very good for us know
people like you, so you can help us  in our mission. We are a company
founded by academic people and the open projects are ideal for us, we can
teach to our students with updates tools and techologies, and contibute to
our country development

The system block my mail for the large image file, can you send me a private
mail and i send the picture cicamargoba at gmail dot com

Thanks again

Carlos

> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 08:24:02PM -0500, Carlos Camargo wrote:
> > Hi
> > Let me introduce my self
> >
> > My name is Carlos Camargo a Software/hardware developer from Colombia,
> I'm
> > working with some products based on ingenic chips, JZ4740, and JZ4725,
> > We've ( http://www.emqbit.com ) already installed Linux on onda Vx747
> and
> > Sungale Photo frame:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap9FS4yswso
> >
> > At present we have a custom platform based on JZ4725, my question is: We
> can
> > use your tools (u-boot, linux kernel, etc) with this chip ?
> >
> > Best Regards
> >

> > carlos
> >

> > --
> > Carlos Iván Camargo Bareño
> > Profesor Asistente
> > Departamento de Ingeniería Eléctrica y Electrónica
> > Universidad Nacional de Colombia
> > cicamargoba at unal.edu.co

Carlos Iván Camargo Bareño
Profesor Asistente