QT 4.5.2 on Sungale Photo-Frame

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 10:27:02 EDT 2009

Hi

> > Ok, We start the project with kicad and I'll  upload our updated files.
>  So
> > our first task is translate your current NanoNote design to kicad. Right?
>
> It's already there
> http://github.com/adamwang

Ok, I've already downloaded these schematic files.

The problem is it's only BOM & Schematics right now. Board outline,
> footprints and layout are in the OrCAD & PADS files on
> downloads.qi-hardware.com
> Some of it is not there yet because Adam is still working on it.

We can work  the PCB on kicad, another member of our team Juan is working on
it.

I think for the picture frame we have more space, although PCB space also
> costs money so no need to waste space.
> You can take the schematics & BOM from the github/kicad files, and create
> a new kicad project. Let's make it public from day 1, maybe register
> on github, unfortunately the indefero setup on qi-hardware.com (our
> projects
> management software) is not finished yet.
>

> The more you stay close to the qi_avt2 schematics & BOM the easier it will
> be for us to produce the boards.
> If you make changes from the qi_avt2, please let's discuss them here on the
> list. For example if you decide to go from Jz4720 to Jz4750.
> Also not sure whether we can use the built-in touchscreen controller, or
> an external one would be better. I think we should use a capacitive touch,
> that would probably require an external controller chip anyway, like
> Cypress.

Of course, We write our ideas here, and the final decision will be take in
common.
We use your schematics and components as base,  for the Photo-Frame

Can't buy it yet, maybe October.
> Since you are serious about some hacking, I'm sure we can send you one
> of our early-access samples. What is your shipping address?

Carlos Camargo
TV 93 No 22D 10 TORRE 13 Apto 601
Modelia Imperial 2
Bogotá Colombia

Let's not be too fast & hasty. Since we are serious about doing real
> prototypes, let's discuss this first on the list so we are sure we
> are going in the right and sustainable direction.
> Steve needs to voice his support, we should talk to Bearstech, etc.
> Thanks a lot for teaming up on this!

ok

Best Regards

Carlos