jz4725

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 08:34:33 EDT 2009

We are mounting a custom board based on old JZ4725, this board was inspired
in one sony MP4 player, we can boot from SD, but this chip doesn't have a
USB host, only usb device.  We've already bought some jz4725 and jz4740 to
ingenic, and we are working right now with a custom jz4725 board, we can
evalute the performance and share with everyone this design.

Best regards

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 7:06 AM, W.G. van de Hulst <suyckerbol at gmail.com>wrote:

> I thought the point of the jz4725 was to be a jz4740-SX (16-bit
> instead of 32-bit databus) to eliminate one RAM chip and to use LQFP
> instead of BGA, both measures meant to lower cost and to compete with
> comparable Rockchip 2706 designs.
>
> It seems strange to add it back, but of course there's now the new
> jz4725b that allows booting from SD, so you can sacrifice the flash
> chip to avoid requiring more space.

Carlos Iván Camargo Bareño
Profesor Asistente
Universidad Nacional de Colombia