jz4725

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Sat Aug 22 11:49:58 EDT 2009

Andres,

> Can you show us the price of the jz47xx family in volume?

No I can't.
It depends on whether a particular manufacturer buys a particular chip
in high volume or not. And whether the semiconductor wants to sell a
certain chip to a certain customer at a certain price.

For real commodities, like passive components, you can deal with prices
the way you suggest. But for anything that can ultimately only come from
one source a variety of factors are at play.
The only thing we are comfortable with right now is the Jz4720.
We may look into Jz4750 next but it's not decided yet and it depends not
just on technical features, but on whether it makes sense for everybody
involved, including the manufacturers.

> We can  benchmark the performance impact  of the data bus width soon
> (Jz4725 vs Jz4740).

More data points are always good :-) Thanks for doing this...

Wolfgang