Need for JZ4730 development platform with QWERTY and 7'' display?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Tue Aug 25 06:40:50 EDT 2009

Hi all developers,
I just realized that Qi hardware is focussing a lot around the new
MIPS SoC. So it could be interesting to get more real Ingenic JZ based
hardware to active (potential) developers who want to work on kernel
and user space software.

Maybe, our Letux 400 is the right thing to use as a (inexpensive) MIPS
target development platform. It is a small (7 inch, 650 g) "Netbook"
based on the JZ4730 (it was originally developed by SkyTone and is
essentially the same device that became broadly known as Razorbook).
Ard has collected a lot of reverse engineering results http://projects.kwaak.net/twiki/bin/view/Epc700/WebHome
  e.g. look here: http://projects.kwaak.net/twiki/bin/view/Epc700/HardwareLayout

Nils from www.kernelconcepts.de has worked heavily on a Linux kernel
and is mostly done. More links on this can be found on http://www.letux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Kernel_Development
). Looking into this material may benefit the NanoNote.

So if developers on this list are interested in getting more or less
compatible hardware, please contact me.

BR,
Nikolaus

Mobile Office Solutions
by Golden Delicious Computers GmbH&Co. KG
Buchenstr. 3
D-82041 Oberhaching
+49-89-54290367
http://www.handheld-linux.com

AG München, HRA 89571
VAT DE253626266
Komplementär:
Golden Delicious Computers Verwaltungs GmbH
Oberhaching, AG München, HRB 16602
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Nikolaus Schaller

Digital Tools for Independent People