Jz4750 vs Jz4740

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Wed Aug 26 22:43:45 EDT 2009

Carlos,
so far I've heard of the following differences:

4750 has:
2 SD/SDIO (4740 has 1)
4 UART (4740 has 2)
8bit NAND interface (4740 is 4-bit)
better touch-screen interface (4740 is very basic, don't know details)
TV out
4750 has some more SIMD instructions (called SIMD2)
and they also improved the video engine part in the CPU (not sure whether
it's openly documented or not)
4750 CPU can boot from SD card

4740 is available in 2 packaging options: BGA & COB (marketed as 4720).
COB version has 16-bit memory bus, BGA is 32-bit.

4750 not sure. I've heard of BGA and COB (marketed as 4750L), but it's
possible for technical or marketing reasons the COB variant will have
the narrower bus again. Maybe there is a QFP version?

Sorry that's all I know. Thanks for asking maybe others know more...
Wolfgang