Qi Hardware Projects launch

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 12:34:39 EDT 2009

context:

Messaging Services
At some point in the near future the NanoNote will, via SDIO or a
tiny, external device, get RF capabilities. Wouldn't it be nice to
have IM on the NanoNote? Tweet or send message through identi.ca ?

my $00.0002
Until NanoNote has RF to connect to internet, it's a 2009 style
PDA.

and yes yes YES, I would use it for messaging, assuming we create
a compact client for Twitter/identi.ca that is very careful
about available screen real estate

Im in general is useful back in the day, I carried
a Color Sidekick for that purpose. it used GPRS,
no fancy 3G. and for IM, GPRS is good enough.
for example, see  the Peek email/texting device
or even Zipitwireless 2

both are cheap, but device is no doubt subsidized
by service revenue.

Nanonote with WiFi will be sweet!

===
GPS + Nanote keyboard can be great device for grabbing
tracking data with annotation for Open street maps.
===
Wikipedia carried with you? Cool, but not compeling to me.

---
Ron K. Jeffries
http://identi.ca/ronkjeffries