What GUI system on nanoben?

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 06:57:46 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Wolfgang
Spraul<wolfgang at qi-hardware.com> wrote:
> Nicola,
>
>> Umh, I was not aware that the 32 MB is a definitive hw limitation and
>> hoped it may be increased.
>
> Ben will ship with 32 MB, that's final indeed.
> Next version (Ya) we have tons of suggestions already, more RAM of
> course among them.

The worst thingh may be in adopting an FB interface on Ben and X on Ya
that may result in a waste of developers effort, and for sure will
fail (some other experience around).

But are we sure X and a reasonable toolkit does not run with 32MB? in
the past I run it on hp ipaq 2215 (64MB), but no experience on smaller
memory device, some experienced angstrom users here ? ;)

    Nicola