What GUI system on nanoben?

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 10:19:27 EDT 2009

Here's a radical idea:

consider Ben to be a toe in the water,
a proof of concept of the open
hardware development process.

Any GUI a developer chooses to put
on 32MB RAM Ben is probably a throw away.

When we have more RAM at some future
date, my money is on X.11 because it instantly
enables so many apps.

As to a Window manager, something lightweight.

Many electrons will be consumed with GUI discussions.
It's so contentious that it may deserve its own mail list.

The vital thing is to focus on shipping a reliable stable
Ben that runs the CLI. Then let a thousand flowers bloom.

Remember,  few weeds are also inevitable.
---
Ron K. Jeffries
http://identi.ca/ronkjeffries