Using the keyboard to enable USB booting

Adam Wang adam at qi-hardware.com
Mon Aug 31 21:54:50 EDT 2009

Hi,

Carlos Camargo wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Adam Wang <adam at qi-hardware.com
> <mailto:adam at qi-hardware.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Carlos,
>
>     Carlos Camargo wrote:
>>     Hi Adam
>>
>>     The switch hole is in the battery "hole" ?
>>

>     No, it's not in the battery hole, sorry I should attached this
>     picture, there's a yellow square color marked, please see this.
>     http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/hardware/qi_avt2/pcb/PLACEMENT/bottom_slide_switch.jpg
>

> This switch will be accessible from the user? I think that, this
> switch can create user problems, if you move the switch to boot mode

The switch for boot have two modes of selection, one position for
switching to USB boot when you slide it to one side (means to connect to
GND), the other position for switching to NAND boot when you slide it to
another side (means to connect to High); this switch will locate on the
bottom side, the default boot we can define after producing. Could you
describe more in details in what kinds of scenario will be like at user
side? May we slightly didn't take consideration well.
Adam