Qi avt2 RC3

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Tue Dec 1 09:43:47 EST 2009

Carlos & Adam,

> Finally we finish the kicad version of the QI_AVT2 rc3 board [1] please feel
> free to make comments

Wow sounds good.
Does this mean we are ready for the 'kicad verification' trial run at the PCB
maker we found in Wuhan?
If so, I would like to document this process as much as possible since it will
be important for a number of decisions, not just for us but also for projects
like gta02-core:

1. How feasible is it to use kicad to produce GERBERs directly for PCB
manufacturing without any other tools.
2. Which PCB makers have we found that could produce PCBs with GERBERs directly
out of kicad.
3. What was the price and timeline it took to make the PCBs.

Adam, can you keep us posted about:

*) what is the exact name, URL, address of the PCB maker we are using
*) how many PCBs will we make
*) what's the cost and how long will it take to make them
*) after they have been produced, what are the results (quality of the PCBs)

Exciting stuff, very curious how this will work out :-)
Best Regards,
Wolfgang