kernel rootfs

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 05:34:10 EST 2009

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 11:35:30 +0800
Xiangfu Liu <xiangfu at qi-hardware.com> wrote:

> Hi Kristoffer
>
> Kristoffer Ericson wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I ran into some issues running my custom made kernel. Is the bootloader assuming that there will be an
> > ramdisk? The rootfs that is flashed onto the NAND is that ramdisk/ordinary?
> no. bootloader don't assuming the ramdisk. then rootfs in NAND is UBIFS.

Oki. But the correct boot parameter should be? root=? And is this hardcoded
into kernel at compile time or does qemu pass it?

> > And if so, what device should it turn up as?
> >
> > The error Im getting is that after extracting kernel it says returned to monitor or something similiar.
>
> when kernel boot. there should nothing in screen until the OPENWRT show up.
> so if it returned to screen. the kernel not run.

Yes, but Im using a vanilla kernel patched with the openwrt patches. I havent installed
the bootsplash.

> you can check the serial output for more info.

Yeah, I guess I will need it after all.

Kristoffer Ericson <kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com>