random stuff serial usbboot and booting off sd card

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 08:37:35 EST 2009

Hey,

Ive just purchased the tools needed to wire together the serial adapter. Anyone done this before and
can offer some good advice? I was also planning to fix the usbboot so I can more easily reflash
when needed. Those pins seem extremely close to one another so might be near to impossible
to get it perfect without risking permantently merging them (which would be bad!).

Ive also gotten hold of micro sd so will use that to test the userland instead of flashing.
Anyone tried this earlier and know how early the kernel detects the sd card. Sometimes you need
to delay the bootup so everything gets detected properly.

Anyhow, random stuff.

Best wishes
Kristoffer

--