SD format Zigbee card ...

Rafael Campos methril at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 20:03:43 EST 2009

Hi all,

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc> wrote:
>> Richard,
>>
>>> I did read it. The problem is that I want to write a GPL'd driver, but
>>> using their sample code can compromise the licence that the driver
>>> could be released under.
>>
>> ahh yes, good point. Of course we want to write a GPL'd driver, I will ask
>> them about the license of the source codes we would get.
>> Most likely they have never thought about it :-)
>> If the source codes would be released as 'public domain', I think that would
>> still allow us to reference, or even cut & paste, from these sources into
>> a properly GPL'd driver?
>> Most likely we will only want to treat these sources as documentation
>> anyway, to find out which addresses map to which port of the chip etc.
>> So even if they come under a totally undefined "Copyright Spectec. All
>> rights reserved." license without further information, we can treat them
>> like we would treat any other openly available PDF datasheet.
>> That's my theory. What do you think?
>>
>> I will ask Spectec about the license...
>
> If it was just the .h files then I think we have few problems. .h
> files are like a list of constants and data structures that must be
> used to interface with the device.
>
> If it includes .c files then we are in greyer legal territory.
>
> A waiver from SpecTec would be useful, although if their stuff is
> derived from source code from TI, they might be reluctant to issue
> such a waiver.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Richard Sharpe

I was talking with David to get a SDIO device, in order to get it
working with Ben. He readed this thread and he likes the idea of
getting a ZigBee device working.
As i'm going to do the development, i think that i have to said some
words about the subject.
I would love to have a emerging technology as ZigBee working in the
Ben (and later nanonotes), and also have the opportunity to deal with
new protocols is really interesting for me.

I'm with both of you regarding the code license, so we expect
Wolfgang's words about it.

Best Regards,