SD format Zigbee card ...

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Mon Dec 7 01:58:07 EST 2009

Richard et al.,

some updates:
Spectec agreed to reduce the price of the 'sample kit' from 1000 USD to
 500 USD. That kit includes two microSD ZigBee cards, plus some 'sample source
code'. I agreed to the new price, but when I said I would pick it up today they
said it's not yet available :-)
They will update me when it's available.

Also our contact there (Justin Chen) sent me a SDZ-537 datasheet, which is
a very high level 19-page PDF file describing a few Windows DLL APIs.
Of course it's marked 'confidential' without any further information regarding
releasibility and such. I will not pass it on right now.

Justin also said

"
Good to know X86 souce code is useful for you and I'll have our engineer speed up code release.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest you to study what ZigBee applications you want to develop.
Please be informed our current ZigBee card has TI Z-Stack but no ZigBee profile included.
And the smaple code is just a simple demo program to prove our ZigBee card is able to connect and transmit data to other ZigBee devices.

Normally our customers purchase the sample kit as well as firmware burning machine to develop their own application/firmware.
The cost of firmware burning device is US$1,200/set ExWorks Taiwan.
Or you could send us your firmware and we'll load it onto the card for you if you don't have a plan to purchase it at this stage.
"

I don't know enough about ZigBee right now, so I'm not sure about 'profiles',
and what this 'firmware burning machine' is. I am hoping everything is open
and reflashable/reprogrammable in software. That's just me hoping... :-)
I am trying to find out more.
Stay tuned,
Wolfgang