SD format Zigbee card ...

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Mon Dec 7 23:06:38 EST 2009

Richard,

> When looking at the TI spec on the chip I noticed that one of the
> ports has a propietary two-wire debug/firmware burning interface. This
> sounds like a simple boundary scan/JTAG port ...
>
> It should be possible to burn new firmware via IOCTLs in the driver,
> but we will need the details of the propietary interface.
>
> However, the default firmware should work for us as well, I would have thought.

Not sure.
Justin sent me two pictures of the reflashing device
http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/wolfgang/spectec_sdz537_programmer_1.jpg
http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/wolfgang/spectec_sdz537_programmer_2.jpg

He also pointed me to the TI Flash Programmer (I think a Windows software) at
http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/flash-programmer.html

Spectec has one of the reflashing devices in stock, so we could buy one for
1200 USD. My (guessed) understanding is that that would allow us to work on our
own firmware, which means we could make a firmware that fits the Linux kernel
well, and maybe even allows reflashing the firmware through some IOCTLs?
I'm really just guessing here, but it sounds like we should buy one of these
reflashing devices.

We should probably start this all when the actual zigbee microsd cards are
available. What do you think?

Best Regards,
Wolfgang