Boxee box, an multimedia device open hardware?

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Tue Dec 8 17:11:09 EST 2009

I was doubting in mark this as offtopic,  this list has space to any
related Open Hardware news, but this is more a rumor near vaporware(I
hope not)
Yesterday I was attending trough live stream the Boxee[1] beta
presentation, and they announce a new device the Booxe Box[2], there
is barely no info neither in the presentation nor in their web site,
but in presentation they mentioned it will be open hardware.
The device will be  done by D-Link, any hope that this can be true?
any experience about openness in D-Link hardware? Launch scheduled to
someday on 2010

BTW i'm using the software in an old screen broken laptop attached to
my TV and in spite of is in alpha stages it works quite well

[1]http://www.boxee.tv
[2]http://www.boxee.tv/box

Regards
David Reyes Samblas Martinez