Nano extension board

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 21:29:43 EST 2009

The idea of an Arduino or similar board connected to a Nanonote is appealing.
But I don't think there's a great incentive to have Arduino SDK on the Nanonote.
We are entering an era of netbooks at a cost of $200 and less. Why not develop
Arduino code on a netbook, then load the Arduino from that DEVELOPMENT platform.

The powerful idea IMO is to treat the Arduino as an intelligent peripheral
controlled by the Nanonote.

Develop and publish an API the Nanonote uses to communicate with and control
the Arduino. Lua would be a great tool to build this "Arduino
controller" API (master)
environment since it is lightweight and powerful.

For practical reasons this external board would not leech power from
the Nanonote.
It might be fun to design an Arduino that uses the same battery and charging
circuit as the Nanonote.

Nanonote is portable and small. The Nano Arduino extension board can be small
and sell contained. Nanonote is the brains, Arduino handles the interfaces to
the real world.

---
Ron K. Jeffries