Nano extension board

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 21:38:44 EST 2009

I see. In many ways, this board is independent of Nano, especially if it
uses USB to interface.

In this case it is like a generic IO board that could be made compatible
with the Arduino boot loader, allowing you to take advantage of a huge
amount of already done work and tap into a well established community.

In fact, your board might be useful to people who need something more
powerful than Arduino, but similar to Arduino so they don't need to
learn too much new material.

As you well know there are a number of third-party Arduino compatible
boards with different features and strengths. Sounds like this would be
the ideal place.

I think too a light version of the Arduino IDE would be useful to a much
larger community than Nano users, for example Android or iPhone users.

In fact I'd be very surprised if there wasn't already an effort to make
an Arduino IDE that can run on an iPhone.

Regardless, I think this is very interesting and I'd love to hear more.
I personally can see this being a great platform for teaching and
developing interactive art projects. (I electronics for artists.)