UBoot poweron+X selections

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 17:26:20 EST 2009

Greetings,

My suggestions for the combinations possible:

[POWERON]+[S] = Serial output (output being redirected into serial console)
[POWERON]+[U] = USBBOOT mode
[POWERON]+[T] = Textbootup (no logo or minimal logo, text showing)
[POWERON]+[E] = External bootup (SD)
[POWERON] = standard bootup (logo and no output before first console)

Also, cant we get rid of the openwrt logo? First off its too big and the nanonote should
have its own.

I rebuilding the u-boot from openwrt-xburst repository so it gives me output, had
to have that to see what was going on. Works fine.
First tried to override the u-boot parameters but passing anything through
config_cmdline simply gets overwritten by u-boot. Heard that this will
change in 2.6.33 for mips platforms.

Best wishes
Kristoffer
--