anyone read this. another Ingenic CPU device

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Thu Dec 17 01:53:19 EST 2009

Hi,
this is apparently the same device that is avaliable in different
brands but all are the same design from SkyTone.

We already offer it for a while as the Letux 400 (now @99 EUR incl.
German VAT). Ours is the best variant of course :)

It has a Ingenic Jz4730 CPU and WLAN built in. The software is a quite
old but functional Linux 2.4.20 kernel. Software includes Web-Browser,
E-Mail reader, PDF reader, WLAN manager, UMTS-Stick manager, cups
printer manager. And, I can confirm the 4 hours operation time and
weight of 650 g.

There is a hacking page with a lot of photos, insights and ideas: http://projects.kwaak.net/twiki/bin/view/Epc700/WebHome
e.g. Hardware Layout: http://projects.kwaak.net/twiki/bin/view/Epc700/HardwareLayout

So if you want to jump in you don't have to go to Africa... It is not
farther away than a Openmoko Freerunner.

Nikolaus

Details: http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Letux%20400