2091222 image first impression

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Wed Dec 23 03:09:58 EST 2009

Well, the nerase command is not the right way to fix this I believe. nerase
deletes all bad block information on the NAND, which in an ideal world
should never be done.
I believe our kernel has some bugs wrt ECC, which can either lead to the
'kernel CRC error' or to the rootfs hanging during boot (which is what David
saw this time).
I have some more dumps to append to the bug reports, and I think Lars is
looking into them. Regularly nerasing before every flash is bad, hopefully
this is only a very temporary workaround. You will not be happy with it anyway
since the Nano will stop booting sooner or later (either with kernel CRC or
boot hang).
Wolfgang