new images - 2009-12-22

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Wed Dec 23 04:27:50 EST 2009

Kristoffer,

> Why did it happen and How did he fix it? Was the bootloader
> not correcting obvious faults or what?

Yes I think ECC correction wasn't working at all in u-boot until now.
Lars committed this:
http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/openwrt-xburst/source/commit/656d037b97424823944f6d829d957c9e623a384b/

target/linux/xburst/image/u-boot/patches/0001-add-xburst-platform-files.patch
+ nand->ecc.bytes = 9;

target/linux/xburst/image/u-boot/patches/0002-add-xburst-support.patch
- ecc_code[i] = chip->oob_poi[eccpos[i]];
+ ecc_code[i] = chip->oob_poi[CONFIG_NAND_ECC_POS + i];

I believe we have another ECC problem later on during rootfs boot. I have seen
Nanos hanging sometimes, and I have a feeling it's a CRC problem. Could be
something in the Linux kernel or ubifs. I need to track it down better and
create some usable dumps to make the problem reproducible etc.
Wolfgang