[Company] Weekly Operations Update 50/2009

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Wed Dec 23 18:06:31 EST 2009

2009/12/23 Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc>:
> Hi,
> ---1 software focus
> Now that our first real software images are released, we decided to focus on
> the following three applications until they work really well:
> 1. StarDict
> dictionary
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stardict
> 2. vido
> wiki viewer (openzim based)
> http://projects.qi-hardware.com/p/vido/
> 3. pimlico
> PIM suite
> http://www.pimlico-project.org
> All three are GTK apps, let's hope we can actually make them work well on
> a 32 MB RAM device...
> Of course we also will pay attention to any prerequisites, such as boot time,
> stable kernel and power consumption.
> We know our list may not fulfill everybody's wishes, there's also those that
> want to have a good music player, ebook reader, text editor, game player,
> calculator, image viewer, and so on. But I think the consensus is that focus
> is really important in our project, so we picked the above 3 apps.
> Of course contributions in other areas are more then welcome. We will include
> any free software that works really well in our image. Just start hacking!
Totally agree in focus on this apps, as start. Let ,us, the community
try and test other options ;)

I'm just bit  worried about pimlico apps, seems ok, better said great,
but sync seems totally abandoned... , nevertheless I think I will be
more focused in the vido development/testing and generating content to
it., by the way any clear guide in how to generate this content (zim
files) ? http://openzim.org/Build_your_ZIM_file,  is all but a clear
guide :P, did you find anything better to follow?