I got my Ben NanoNote

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Dec 26 07:30:08 EST 2009

So cool nickname. Atomman let's meet in shenzhen sometime in the new year!
Cheers!

Jon Phillips
us. +1-510-499-0894
cn. +86-134-3957-2035
http://rejon.org
http://fabricatorz.com

On Dec 26, 2009 4:19 AM, "Wolfgang Spraul" <wolfgang at sharism.cc> wrote:

Atommann,

> My interests:

Great - yes this is very much in line with many other people here...

> Yea, I speak Chinese and now I live in Shenzhen. > Translating docs is a
very good start point I ...
Cool, thanks.
I think we have settled on a set of web services now to go into next year
with,
and the wiki will play a very central role.
So we have to spend more time to cleanup the homepage, categorize pages,
better indices, better translations, etc.
Feel free to edit anything! :-)

> I readed Carlos's kicad wishlist just a moment ago. > Here is my about
open source EDA software: ...

> Then I start to try the gEDA suit. At the beginning I run pcb(the

> I think gEDA also can not meet the wishlist and kicad has its own
advantages:
What a story! Yes, a lot of us have quite an odyssey behind us in terms of
free EDA tools. I started out managing teams (not working myself, I'm not an
EE) that worked with PADS Layout, later also an Eagle project, then KiCAD.
Also a bit of Altium Designer.

Have you heard about Fedora Electronic Lab?
It's more geared towards ASIC design not PCB/schematics, but still they are
trying to assemble free EDA tools in one place so I believe could be
interesting for you
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/fel/

I am open minded towards gEDA, it's GPL so that's good. There seems to be
some
active development there now, same as with KiCAD. Actually on KiCAD's
wishlist
there is 'gEDA integration' somewhere I believe.
However, we are quite deep into KiCAD at this point so we rather try to fix
it's
weaknesses than consider a switch.

> I learned kicad for a period and found it can not do good copper
pour(there > are some "saw tooth...
Yes I've heard that before. Do you think we can improve this?

> The present idea is to make NanoNote works with AVR boards sush as
Arduino. > The NanoNote is sho...
Wonderful! If you like, we should meet next time I'm in Shenzhen...
Wolfgang

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 09:40:43AM +0800, Atommann wrote: > Hi all, > >
2009/12/26 Wolfgang Spraul...