NanoNote connectivity options

W.G. van de Hulst suyckerbol at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:33:03 EDT 2009

Hi, just read the blog about the NanoNote features:
http://www.qi-hardware.com/2009/07/13/nanonote-features-and-benefits/

USB WiFi dongles are much cheaper than micro SDIO WIFi cards. Why not
use the USB Host interface of the jz4732/40, or is it because you are
going to use the jz4725 instead ?

You probably want to keep cost down, but how much would it hurt to add
a second TF slot,  especially if you use SDIO for WiFi. I have seen
that done in the Psion netBook (CF, not TF) , Acer Aspire and Pandora,
If you are going to use the jz4750 then you could even boot from one
and eliminate the big Samsung flash chip on the PCB. Price of flash
seems to fluctuate a lot, so wouldn't it be better to
burden^H^H^H^H^H^H let the user make a choice?

Which solution would be the best from the point of conserving battery
life? I guess that translates to which chips can be turned off easier
or for a longer amount of time.