NanoNote connectivity options

Steve Mosher steve at qi-hardware.com
Mon Jul 13 18:18:55 EDT 2009

  yes, Wifi Dongles are cheaper. However, the current device would use USB
for external power  and so a WIFI dongle would consume battery. So, if you
wanted to use external power
  and WIFI  sdio is an option. The USB host interface is on the CPU but the
circuit ( as I understand
  it) does not expose this. This is one item we would address in the
upcoming versions. For now we have what we have. The first NanoNote is a
shipping product and we use that to launch an entire
 product line.

 Second TF slot is high on my list of things to add. For the present device
we don't make any ID changes. New IS would require an investment. We will
make that investment in the future once
 we have a solid roadmap. We also like the idea of replacing flash because
it does move around alot.
 So that's another appeal.