New Open Hardware company

Rafael Campos methril at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:16:17 EDT 2009

Wolfgang,

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Wolfgang
Spraul<wolfgang at qi-hardware.com> wrote:
> Rafael,
>
>> > (ex-OM as well) has found some serious problems with HeeksCAD already, that
>> > he says prohibit him from doing effective work to prepare for plastic
>> > injection. Oh well...
>> This a surprise to me, as i didn't know this mechanical tool.
>
> Are you a mechanical engineer? Or do you know some that are interested in
> joining to work on a free design and/or can do some coding too? :-)
I'm embedded sw engineer, but i know a little bit about casing & the
fights to give a product into production :)
I'd like to help at kernel level but i could test some hw, and learn
something related to design, as the free time allow me to do it :)

> There seems to be a lot of activity in HeeksCAD the last 6 months, so that's
> encouraging. It uses OpenCASCADE.
> Do you know other free 3D tools?
I know brlCAD, that impress me. But i'm not really sure about the
license of that tool.

> Thanks,
> Wolfgang

You are wellcome,