Start from nature and take a trip for venture

W.G. van de Hulst suyckerbol at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 18:44:29 EDT 2009

> Just my little wish. Please adopt a fast bus for flash/sd, yesterday I
> launched a dd if=/dev/zero of=foo bs=1024k count=10; sync on a friend
> iphone, and performed about 7.5 megabyte/s.
> This will contribute to responsiveness of the device when launching
> application.

If you're lanching applications, don't you rather mean read speed?

While reading from flash is much faster than writing there still might
be a problem and that's another reason why I was in favor of more
external, less internal flash.

On many MP4 players it seems it's better to play a movie from TF to
avoid skipping frames. For music it doesn't matter. I don't know
what's causing this. It could be because there is an I/O starvation
problem (DMA priority issue), or it could be because the data bus is
shared (internal NAND flash and RAM) while TF has a dedicated channel,
or it could be something else.

IIRC class 4 is good enough under those circumstances.