Add VOIP application to Qi series..

W.G. van de Hulst suyckerbol at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 08:23:06 EDT 2009

OK, clients. Sure, why not. The only problem is with small devices you
can only have small batteries. So I picture using WiFi as suitable
only for short emergency (ssh) sessions, despite every vendor telling
me their chip is the ultimate in low power. OTOH speech doesn't
require too much bandwidth. So the question is how long would a 850
mAh battery last, using a Spectec micro SD WiFi card and a
hand-optimized MIPS speex codec.  I haven't a clue, I would need
experiments.