Community Driven low level programming

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Sun Jul 26 07:58:28 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 01:21:37PM +0200, Javi Roman wrote:
> "... The more community participation emerges above our efforts, the
> lower we can go, concentrating mainly on semiconductors, the
> bootloader and kernel (linux) ... "
>
> I wonder if the low level software development (boot loader and
> kernel) is only for qi-hardware core members, or otherwise is possible
> the participation for contributors. Is it possible to acquire any kind
> of NanoNote development version?

I am also quite interested.  I am currently writing a new kernel for the
Trendtac (also known as Skytone alpha 400 and 10000 other names; it has
a jz4730).  I would be very interested to put it on such an open
platform as the NanoNote.

So is it possible to get a development version?  Wat does it cost?  And
is there better documentation that what Ingenic provides (my main source
of information is currently the Linux source code)?

If things work out with my kernel, might it be an option to provide it
with the device as a default system?

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://a82-93-13-222.adsl.xs4all.nl/e-mail.html