Anybody know the different of the IRDA between the TV and the mobile ?

W.G. van de Hulst suyckerbol at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 10:56:35 EDT 2009

2009/7/27, Leonard Krajewski <leonardkr at gmail.com>:
> IrDA is Past. Too slow.
For what?

SIR (110 Kbps) is good enough for serial console. FIR is 4 Mbps.

> Bluetooth is a way faster and 3-4cm is somekind of joke ;)
There is a problem with latency, if I can believe the Zigbee propaganda.
BT is 3 Mbps at the moment, IIRC.

Also, who says it's one or the other?  That was not my intention. I do
think that adding IR is cheaper and lower risk than adding BT.

My line of thinking was, if you're going to the trouble of adding a
connector for 3 wires for serial console at the back, then why not go
ALL the way with Ya and add an IR chip, so you can use it for more
things.