[Company] Weekly Operations Update 30/2009

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Mon Jul 27 15:48:54 EDT 2009

Hello.

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 00:36, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:

> Thanks to the wonderful launch and all the people that have joined in various
> ways already. We have about 60 subscribers on this developer list now, about
> 40 on the announce list. Little compared to our former home at Openmoko, but
> we are just starting... Keep talking to your friends about joining!

It's not that bad actually. I mean, it's not a smartphone you are starting with
and you make clear that it will ship with kernel only. Both points that exclude
a lot people from being interested in the beginning. Also having a list with a
better signal to noise ratio is welcome as well. ;)

> What happened last week:

Thanks for starting the weekly updates again. I always liked them a lot.
Hopefully you won't run into to much emergencies to keep them up.

> *) Monday was the publication date of our launch article, and a big thread
> started on the Openmoko community list [2]. My most favorite comment was 'more
> hackable, more wearable'. That's exactly what we hope Qi will deliver over time.

Wearable? Count me interested and waiting. :)

regards
Stefan Schmidt