Jz47xx SoCs development board

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Mon Jul 27 19:23:48 EDT 2009

Javi,
Ingenic development boards are not for end users, typically they make only
'a few' (maybe 50), and then give them to companies who work on actual
mass-production designs. Also they are often returned after the design phase
is over.

One thing in general - please let's try to be careful about contacting Ingenic
for support and development questions.
A big concern of every chip maker is support costs. When I talk to them about
more documentation, they are always worried about the additional support burden
the newly opened documentation will create.
They are not setup to handle this, and need to focus their resources on their
paying customers who buy the most chips.

Think about it - if every chip is only a few USD, but a support case can easily
cost hundreds or even thousands of USD to respond to. You can immediately see
how stringent the requirements for support cases need to be.

So with Ingenic and other chip makers, we will only succeed if the new free
software developers we bring to hack on their chips will not make their
phones and email clients busy.
Any question people have about Ingenic or other chip makers in our products -
send them to this list first, hopefully somebody can answer...

For your development board, one thing you can do is to buy one of those Skytone
netbooks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skytone_Alpha-400
Or you wait until the Ben NanoNote is shipping :-)

Wolfgang