device was bricked

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at qi-hardware.com
Mon Jul 27 20:22:43 EDT 2009

Hi
Qingyou Meng wrote:
> hi Xangfu and Wolfgang,
>
> I managed to make serial port works and boot into console, saw uname of
> "Linux (none) 2.6.24.3-g71f18f8f #36 PREEMPT Fri Jul 24 18:00:29 CST
> 2009 mips unknown."
> It seems kernel has trouble to mount root file system, especially when
> the EXT2 file system get corrupted.
>
> The device was _bricked_ after flashing u-boot and kernel, both are
> compiled from latest git source.

you need to change include/configs/qi_lb60.h
Line: 108 #define QI_LB60_NAND_SIZE  to 1
sinece your board is 1GB nand flash.

the kernel in xiangfu/qi-kernel should work.

1. you can download
http://www.openmobilefree.net/other/file/nanonote.reflash.tar.gz
reflash again.

2. remove -fno-unit-at-a-time  compile the xbusrt_stage2 again by
    "make CROSS_COMPILE=mipsel-openwrt-linux- clean"
    "make CROSS_COMPILE=mipsel-optnwrt-linux- "

there is no error before or just come up this time?
> It reports bad blocks on NAND (even before bricked during boot), The
> output are attached.
>
> Due 07-24, I finished prototyping the search engine, data are
> extracted from cloudmade.com POI files,
> I'm plaining to get rough benchmarks on my notebook, gta02, and Ben.

great.