Community Driven low level programming

Steve Mosher steve at qi-hardware.com
Tue Jul 28 00:07:09 EDT 2009

 Hi,
    I'll just comment on the SmartQ5. I was unable to find out if they did
Copyleft hardware
    and could not determine if their roadmap was open, so it's a little hard
to do a product
    comparison. Also, it wasn't clear if the device was available outside of
china. Things
   like return policies, CE, FCC, spares, support for a community. Our hope
is that
   the open source community finds value in the work we are doing to create
a new
   kind of hardware company. One where they have a say in the roadmap.
Otherwise,
   you are left with the option of hoping somebody builds the open device
you want.
   As we get closer to launch