Jz47xx SoCs development board

Javi Roman javiroman at kernel-labs.org
Tue Jul 28 02:46:04 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 3:34 AM, yajin<yajinzhou at vm-kernel.org> wrote:
> Hi Javi,
>
> I heard about that one company in shen zhen sold the jz4740
> development board of 2000 RMB.
>
> But you can buy one mp4 used jz4740 and hack it by yourself. Of course
> the better solution is that waiting ben is shipped out if you want. :)

Thank you, I had thought about a reference board with the usual stuff:
JTAG, flashable EEPROM and so on. I've got confused with the
availability of this kind of items in Ingenic home site ... from now
on I'll take into account the Wolfgang advice.

> About the trainning course, I think there isn't such course. But you
> can read the book <see mips run> to understand the mips cpu and the
> source code of jz-linux to understand the jz4740 soc.
>
> Good luck.

I was referring to a training base board, as a synonymous of reference
board (it is a misuse of the expression, I'm sorry)

Thank you for the hints!

> yajin
>
> http://vm-kernel.org
>

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Javi Roman<javiroman at kernel-labs.org> wrote:
>> I have been looking for a development board with the Jz47xx SoC for
>> research purposes, but I have found only the reference boards from
>> Ingenic [1]. Nevertheless, I have tried to contact with Ingenic sales
>> people without success. Actually, I just don't know if theses boards
>> are for end users.
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions about this kind of boards? Where
>> could I find similar training board?
>>
>> Thank you so much.
>>
>> Best regards.
>>

>> [1] http://www.ingenic.cn/eng/productServ/kfyd/Hardware/pffaqQuestionContent.aspx?Category=2&Question=3