screen tearing

W.G. van de Hulst suyckerbol at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 16:59:33 EDT 2009

> At that case, the refresh is not the bussiness of the CPU, but the LCD
> inside only.

>From what I understand, the refresh is done by the LCM, but access to
its memory should still be synchronized.. The cpu must know when it's
safe to write to that memory, to prevent any possible chance of
garbled frames. This is not possible on the Dingoo A320: its LCM can't
inform (interrupt) the cpu, because a certain pin (LCD_VSYNC/PC20?) is
not connected.

I don't know if Ben has the same problem. Maybe another type of LCM
syncs in a different way.

It's not a showstopper, more of a quality issue when playing movies or games.