Community Driven low level programming

Steve Mosher steve at qi-hardware.com
Wed Jul 29 17:05:43 EDT 2009

 Sorry, the rest of my reply got lost in drafts. basically, the belief is
that people will see the promise of the roadmap,and they can get into that
roadmap for a very small price.
The rest inlined below.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:34 AM, W.G. van de Hulst <suyckerbol at gmail.com>wrote:

> Your reply seems to be truncated. While I can sympathize with what you
> said, Joe Consumer probably doesn't and falls for the touchscreen,

Actually from some field research I've done it appears to me that there are
plenty of
joe consumers who prefer a keyboard. That said, touchscreen is on the list.

> while Joe Developer might be tempted to hack a Cube (jz4750) with his
> customary hubris, at least in the short run because of the wireless.

A couple comments. First we think that we have some options here for adding
wireless as a peripheral. I can't talk about one option right now, but as we
get
closer I hope to be able to.

> How are you going to build momentum? IMHO you should be handing out
> free NanoNotes to everyone who has done some significant work with
> Ingenic chips (not me), Linux-based or not.

Any pointers to that community will be appreciated