Is Lua a decent fit for initial Ben NanoNote?

Mirko Vogt lists at nanl.de
Fri Nov 6 06:39:13 EST 2009

Hey,

I'm working on a small lua-project as well.
Found lua-gtk-bindings which are a quite complete set of wrappers around
the GTK C-API.

Intended result is a small lightweight application-launcher which is
parsing and caching found *.desktop-files and showing them with their
icons in a list waiting to get launched.

It's not finished yet and still quite simple - but because everyone
likes screenshots ;) -  http://nanl.de/foo/app-launcher-lua-gtk.jpg

Meanwhile the gtkhtml-engine is ported to OpenWrt to display
HTML-content without the need of a fullblown web-rendering engine - c++
bindings for gtk, pango, cairo, glib, etc. are going to be committed to
soon as well to get the zim file reader "vido"
<http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/vido/> running, written by
the other mirko.

Happy hacking and hace a nice weekend!

mirko