Clock settings

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Sun Nov 8 13:02:23 EST 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 05:32:03PM +0100, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:
> Xiangfu Liu wrote:
> > Hi Bas Wijnen
> >
> > here is some info:

Thanks, I'll see if it helps. :-)

I also noticed that my guess about where the files would be wasn't
entirely correct, which is why Wolfgang couldn't find them.  Sorry about
that.

> > root at BenNanoNote:/proc/jz# more pmc
> > Low Power Mode : IDLE
> > Doze Mode      : off
> > IPU            : running
> > DMAC           : running
> > UHC            : running
> > UDC            : stopped
> > LCD            : running
> > CIM            : running
> > SADC           : running
> > MSC            : running
> > AIC1           : running
> > AIC2           : running
> > SSI            : running
> > I2C            : running
> > RTC            : running
> > TCU            : running
> > UART1          : running
> > UART0          : running

It's probably a good idea to stop everything that isn't used: IPU (or is
it used?), UHC, CIM, SADC, SSI, I2C, UART1.  Not sure how much power it
saves, but it doesn't bring any gain. :-)

> Please note that the value is not quite optimal. Currently the display
> is driven with 90Hz and I guess we could do fine with less to reduce
> power consumtion and also remove stress from the ram.

Ok, I'll see about that as well for Iris then.  However, first I would
like to have it working; I'll optimize later. ;-)

Thanks,
Bas