GPS uSD? they exist?

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Fri Nov 13 08:08:45 EST 2009

2009/11/13 Jorge Chamorro <chamorro at plug.org.ar>:
> David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:
>
> Due the recent anounce about the WIFI uSD I was wondering if there is
> in the market any GPS uSD card , after some searching on the web I
> have not found anything yet. Anybody had seen one of those anywhere?
> Also a uSD to SD converter (if they exist either) will be helpful...
> and offcouse compatible with our Nanonote kernel :P
> Regards.
>
> sorry if I'm wrong but
>
> Why GPS uSD ?
> seems easier to use the RS232 pins under the battery and a standard gps for
> embedded systems
>

> Saludos , Jorge

Not a bad option at all, but I prefer to not use the iron and use and
uSD->SD instead, also I want to test to use  this solution because
using same sdio you got two devices a gps and a card reader so maybe
this solution with same chipset can be used in next Ya Nanonote.

David Reyes Samblas Martinez
http://www.tuxbrain.com
Open ultraportable & embedded solutions
Openmoko, Openpandora,  Arduino