can't get kernel image error

Yi Zhang yi at qi-hardware.com
Sun Nov 15 05:50:53 EST 2009

Hi,

While using the Ben NanoNote, I have encountered the following problem:

I have re-flashed the image by following the steps at [1] one and a
half weeks ago. The system loaded fine at the time and a couple of
days later is also alright. But today, after I powered on the device,
I got the errors below:

Verifying Checksum ... Bad Data CRC
ERROR: can't get kernel image!

I have seen this 2 or 3 times already. At the time of newly re-
flashed device, the system loaded up fine, but a few days later, it
gave me this "can't get kernel image!" error.

Have any of you seen this? What could be the cause of it?

The only way to fix this now is to re-flash the image again.

Thanks,
Yi

[1] http://wiki.qi-hardware.com/wiki/How_to_reflash