[Fwd: new branch -> javiroman/ks7010]

Javi Roman javiroman at kernel-labs.org
Tue Nov 24 09:32:49 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM, ZhangJieJing <kzjeef at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Javi Roman,
>
> Have you test your wifi card on laptop ?  I think we should first make sure
> the firmware and Linux driver is working, After the wifi card is working at
> laptop, we can try it on NanoNote, If we are *very* lucky, the wifi card
> will work. But in real world and Murphy's Law, it will not working at
> NanoNote.
>
> What's your opinion?
>
> ---
> Best regards,
> Zhang Jiejing
>

> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Xiangfu Liu <xiangfu at qi-hardware.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Javi Roman
>> I forward your email to the mailing list.
>> hope your don't mind. :-)

Hi Zhang,

I'm agree with you, probably is better try to get this driver running
in a well know system (x86 PC), however I would like to think the
driver is operative in the hardware listed by Renesas people:

   Lenovo IBM ThinkPad x60/x40 (SDIO controller: Ricoh)
   TOSHIBA dynabook SS M10/Qosmio E10 375LS  (SDIO controller: Texas
Instruments)
   Panasonic Let's note CF-T4 (SDIO controller Ricoh)

Probably the hard work with this driver is a good integration with the
Ingenic SoC SDIO controller (code), so I prefer dig in this scope,
meanwhile I'm looking for a hardware with the supported SDIO
controllers (Ricoh and TI).

Have you tested the driver with any other SDIO controller?

I know you have had problems with the CMD52 SDIO command, have you got
any progress on it?

Regards.

--
Javi Roman