display problem

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 04:48:40 EST 2009

On 11/26/09, xianhao qing <qingxianhao at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, you throw box to the user. I am using the Firefox , chrome
> etc other than the IE6.
> But it's the fact that most of the users in China are using Windows XP and
> the IE6 is the built-in browser, and most of the people don't know how to
> change the browser, or even didn't want to change. Because of all these you
> product will not be accept by Chinese the same as other country.
>
> At last, I send you the email to tell you you site does not work with the
> IE6 very well. It's suffering for the IE6 user to visit your pages.  I think
> you forgot the principle of the Hacker.
>

> Thanks.
>

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
> <seba.dos1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:04, Mirko Lindner <mirko at qi-hardware.com>
> wrote:
> > > Hey,

> very
> > >
> > > Of course, we are open to Windows users.
> > >
> > > Can you be a bit more specific about the display problems you
> experience?
> > > Maybe upload a screen shot?
> > >
> > > Thanks for letting us know,
> > >
> > > /mirko
> > >
> > > PS: I moved the discussion to the mailinglist.
> >
> > I don't think developers time should be wasted on writing second
> > version of website to have it working on some old, minor and strange
> > web browser. On Windows there already is IE8 available, which renders
> > web pages much better (but still not perfectly). IE6 is now used by
> > minority (and I'm sooo happy due to that, as I remember times when
> > almost anyone was using it... I still have nightmares :P) and if
> > someone is still using it, then he seriously should upgrade (or change
> > browser to some better - Firefox, Opera, Chrome... There is big
> > choice!)
> >
> > IE6 is a shit which should be forgotten. Amen.
> >
> > --
> > Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
> > dos
> >

> --
> Best Regards
> Qing Xianhao

Well, with Windows XP IE7 is for sure bundled, as it's installed
automatically with Windows Update (probably IE8 is also automatically
installed, by I lost interest in Windows system befores IE8 was
released, so I'm not sure about that).

And keep in mind in most of cases making site working on IE6 means
"rewrite site with using broken technics, detect if IE6 is used and
present second version of site for IE". I don't think it's worth it.
Even YouTube doesn't work on IE6. If even Google can say "we don't
support IE6", then Qi Hardware should be able to do that too ;)

And PS, keep in mind that i'm just community member, don't think my
opinion is Qi's one.

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos