what abt using amazon kindle?

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Sat Nov 28 01:00:15 EST 2009

Gireesh,
what exactly is your question?
The Kindle is a nice e-book reader, there are probably tons of tie-ins with
Amazon however. More than I'm interested to even study ;-)

Qi Hardware is open-source hardware that you can clone. Like Arduino
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Policy
(they wrote up a nice policy, we need to do some more of these things as well...)

Maybe we will do an e-paper product too one day, there are Ingenic-based e-paper
products already, see www.openinkpot.org who are working on software for the
Hanvon N516.
In fact Lars is hacking on a Hanvon N526 right now...
The Hanvon N526 has a touch-screen as well, probably better suited for a richer
'study' application than just reading (flipping through pages).

But anyway, the only thing we are working on right now is our little Ben NanoNote,
with a smaller screen and keyboard so it's probably best suited to software that
requires some edits, or ports of older console software.
The technical foundation can and will hopefully later be used to branch out into
other products, like wall computer, phone or e-paper device.

Wolfgang