what abt using amazon kindle?

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Sat Nov 28 07:17:01 EST 2009

John,

> It would be great to eventually have OpenCourseWare type functionality.

Absolutely, totally agree with you. OCW is one of the top apps on something
like NanoNote I think.
The problem is that a lot of their courses are licensed under non-commercial
licenses. So it makes it hard for someone to legally compile this content into
a nice package and sell the package to someone.
The NC attribute removes power from the content reaching end users, because
everybody who handles this data needs to do it for free.
--> Q: Is this true? Can some CC experts comment on that?

But I believe this kind of educational content needs the highest distribution
power possible behind it. And if someone wants to charge money for a microSD
card loaded with OCW content and viewers, that should be possible.

Maybe we can offer OCW courses for download or easy installation (for free of
course), that should be allowed...
We will look into this some more, and otherwise hope that slowly more OCW
courses will come without the non-commercial restriction.

Wolfgang