Programming manual bug reports

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Sat Oct 3 02:56:42 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 11:06:57AM +0800, XiangFu Liu wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 2:45 AM, Lars-Peter Clausen <lars at metafoo.de> wrote:
> > Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> > > Bas, thanks a lot for reporting them, yes I believe this is a good
> > > forum. Can we start a wiki page for documentation bugs?
> >
> > A wiki containing the programmers manual, where one could fix such
> > bugs would be totaly awesome. Having the fixes inplace is a lot nicer
> > then always crosschecking with an additional resource.
> >
> > But that's probably just me dreaming...
>
> I think not put the whole programmers manual to wiki. just record the bug
> then Ingenic people can easy find those bug in our wiki. :-)

I think it would be ideal if the changes can be easily found, while at
the same time there's no need to get the document from elsewhere to see
what those changes mean.  So a wiki of bugs and/or fixes with links to
(a html-ized version of) the original document would be very nice.

AFAIK the main roadblock is that Ingenic doesn't want us to publish the
document(s) on a public webserver. :-(  Maybe they consider this
use-case valuable enough to change their mind about that?

Thanks,
Bas